Become a Master Gardener Volunteer
The Ohio State University Extension office in Pickaway County is currently accepting new applications for the 2022 Master Gardener Volunteer training program. Master Gardener Volunteers in Ohio contributed over 180,000 hours of service per year with answering home horticultural questions, pest identification, school programs, demonstrations, research, and continuing education programs. Participants interested in receiving the 50-hour intensive training will learn about basic botany, plant physiology, soils, entomology, plant pathology, plant diagnostics, integrated pest management, pesticide use and safety, lawn care, home vegetable and fruit production, backyard wildlife management and much more! Working with county Ohio State Extension personnel, Master Gardener Volunteers provide educational services to their communities. If you are a garden enthusiast, this is a great opportunity to share your gardening know-how and skills with others in your community. Cost of the program is $120.
NEW THIS YEAR: The 2022 Master Gardener Volunteer training will consist of both online modules, hands-on labs, and tours, and an oral presentation project.
To become a Pickaway County Master Gardener Volunteer:
1. Contact Lynn (740-497-4384) or email (email@example.com) by December 1, 2021.
2. Complete 50 hours of intensive training your first year.
3. Complete a background check.
4. Complete 50 hours of volunteer service your first two years.
5. To remain an active member after the first year, complete 10 continuing education hours, 20 hours of volunteer service on a yearly basis, pay a $20 State/ County support fee, and review policies on a yearly basis.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Ask a Master Gardener Volunteer (online)
Founders Day Celebration
Judges for contests or fairs
Ohio Heritage Garden Ambassador
Local Park or other Public Space
Plant clinics, diagnostic clinics
Presentations, educational programs
Pickaway County Master Gardener Open House
December 1, 2021 4:30pm - 6:30pm
OSU Extension Office : 110 Island Road - Suite B, Circleville, Ohio 43113
Contact: Lynn Huston, firstname.lastname@example.org, (740)-497-4384
Training Classes to begin in January 2022.