Teens are encouraged to apply for great awards, events, and scholarships. You must be 14 or older as of January 1, 2023 to apply. Opportunities you may be eligible for include: camp counselor, state 4-H achievement awards, award trips to Washington D.C., Forestry Camp, Sea Camp or Leadership Camp, county and state scholarships and special county recognition. These opportunities have been known to lead to many different, unexpected possibilities down the road.
Need some help? Want more information? Join us for the Teens Awards Training on Thursday, December 8th from 7:00-8:30 pm. The training will take place at the Extension Office. It will include information that will help you decide what to apply for, and understand what you need to do to apply. Parents are welcome to join with you! Reservations are required no later than Monday December 5th by 4:30 pm, call 740-474-7534 or email Joy at email@example.com. If you would like assistance with 4-H applications but are not available on December 8th, contact Joy at: firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to meet.
List of Opportunities - Please read this important information regarding the numerous awards and opportunities that are offered.
- 2024 Junior Fair Board Application - The application period for 2023 JFB has closed. Applications for 2024 JFB will be available at the 2023 Pickaway County Fair.
- Camp Counselor Application - Open to all 4-H members at least age 14 and a freshman in high school. Pickaway County 4-H Camp will be held at Tar Hollow on July 6-9, 2023. New Camp Counselor Selection will take place on February 22 and is required for any teen that was not selected as a Pickaway 4-H camp counselor in 2022. Required Counselor Training will take place on March 8, March 25, April 19 and May 17 with Counselor Training Camps at Tar Hollow on June 6 and July 5. Complete the Pickaway County Counselor application form and receive two advisor/adult recommendations to be eligible for this opportunity. All counselor applications are due January 17, 2023.
- Ohio/Pickaway 4-H Achievement Record - Use this form to apply for various state and local opportunities, including State Achievement Awards, 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus, 4-H Leadership Camp, Sea Camp, Ohio Forestry Camp (Camp Canopy) and Pickaway County Heart H and Service Awards.
- Pickaway County 4-H Scholarship Application - For high school seniors, the number and amount of the scholarships will be determined at the discretion of the 4-H Committee. Complete the Pickaway 4-H Scholarship Record (paper version). Completion of an Ohio 4-H Achievement Record is not needed. County 4-H Scholarship applications are due January 17, 2023.
- Ohio 4-H Scholarships - There are many state 4-H scholarships available in 2023. Each has its own description and its own list of eligibility requirements. Pickaway County 4-H Members planning to attend OSU are especially encouraged to review the requirements for the Dr. and Mrs. Vernon Glick Bolender 4-H Scholarship as it is awarded with a preference to Pickaway County 4-H’ers. No matter the college you plan to attend, your application for State 4-H Scholarships must be completed on-line. Please review these important application tips. The on-line State 4-H Scholarship application must be submitted by February 15, 2023.
Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council - Annually, delegates are selected from each county to serve on the TLC. Ambassadors are selected based on their accomplishments in leadership, public speaking, and community service and are required to attend a comprehensive training, and represent Ohio's 4-H youth at various state and local events. Applications are due August 11, 2023
4H Event Youth Assistant- - This statewide group of 4-H teens assist with Ohio State Fair events. Members have an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills and be involved in the State 4-H program. In addition to working three State Fair events, members are required to attend one of two training options that typically take place in July. Applications are due May 15, 2023
International Programs - Not offered in 2023
Need help tracking what you have accomplished each year? Use this 4-H Career Record book to help.
Please Contact: Joy Sharp 740-474-7534 or email@example.com