Teens are encouraged to apply for great awards, events, and scholarships. You must be 14 or older as of January 1, 2019 to apply. Opportunities you may be eligible for include: camp counselor, state 4-H achievement awards, award trips to Washington D.C., Forestry Camp, or Leadership Camp, county and state scholarships and special county recognition. These opportunities have been known to lead to many different, unexpected possibilities down the road.
Need some help? Want more information? Come to the Teens Awards Training on Thursday, December 6th from 7 - 8 pm at the
Pickaway County Extension Office ANKROM BUILDING at the PICKAWAY COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS. We’ll start the night with a little fun and then pass out information that will help you decide what to apply for and understand what you need to do to apply. Parents are welcome to attend with you! Reservations are required no later than Monday, December 3rd by 7:00 pm.
In addition, if you would like assistance with 4-H applications but are not available on December 6th, contact Joy Sharp email@example.com or 740-474-7534 to set up a time.
List of Opportunities - Please read this important information regarding the numerous awards and opportunities that are offered.
- 2019 Junior Fair Board Application - due September 1, 2018
- Camp Counselor Application - Open to all 4-H members at least age 14 and a freshman in high school. Pickaway County 4-H Camp will be held at Tar Hollow on July 10-13, 2019. New Camp Counselor Selection will take place on February 27 and is required for any teen that has not been selected as a Pickaway 4-H camp counselor previously. Required Counselor Training will take place monthly on March 16 or 23, April 24 and May 22 with Counselor Training Camps at Tar Hollow on June 11 and July 9. Complete the Pickaway County Counselor application form and receive two advisor/adult recommendations to be eligible for this opportunity. All counselor applications are due January 22, 2019.
- Ohio 4-H Achievement Record - Use this form to apply for various state and local opportunities, including State Achievement Awards, 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus, 4-H Leadership Camp, Ohio Forestry Camp, Buckeye Leadership Workship and Pickaway County Heart H and Service Awards.
- Pickaway County 4-H Scholarship Application - For high school seniors, the number and amount of the scholarships will be determined at the discretion of the 4-H Committee. Complete the Pickaway 4-H Scholarship Record (paper version). Completion of an Ohio 4-H Achievement Record is not needed. County 4-H Scholarship applications are due January 22, 2019.
- Ohio 4-H Scholarships - There are many state 4-H scholarships available in 2019. Each has its own description and its own list of eligibility requirements. Pickaway County 4-H Members planning to attend OSU are especially encouraged to review the requirements for the Dr. and Mrs. Vernon Glick Bolender 4-H Scholarship as it is awarded with a preference to Pickaway County 4-H’ers. No matter the college you plan to attend, your application for State 4-H Scholarships must be completed on-line. Please review these important application tips. The on-line State 4-H Scholarship application must be submitted by February 15, 2019.
Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council - Annually, delegates are selected from each county to serve on the TLC. Ambassadors are selected based on their accomplishments in leadership, public speaking, and community service and are required to attend a comprehensive training, and represent Ohio's 4-H youth at various state and local events. Applications are due August 9, 2019
4-H Event Youth Assistant - This statewide group of 4-H teens assist with Ohio State Fair events. Members have an opportunity to enhance their leadership skills and be involved in the State 4-H program. In addition to working three State Fair events, members are required to attend one of two training options that typically take place in July. Applications are due May 15, 2019
International Programs - These programs allow 4-H'ers and alumni ages 14-30 to serve as a host to a youth from another country or to travel abroad as a 4-H representative to more than 30 countries around the world. Some scholarships are available for travel. Complete an International Programs packet to be eligible for this opportunity.
Need help tracking what you have accomplished each year? Use this 4-H Career Record book to help.
Please Contact: Joy Sharp 740-474-7534 or firstname.lastname@example.org