These documents will be posted as they become available for the 2020 Pickaway County Fair
2020 Junior Fair
- 2020 Pickaway County Fair Book
- Junior Fair Livestock Online Registration System Instructions
Due May 15
- Skillathon - 4-H members are required to complete Skillathon Judging for each livestock, horse and dog project they wish to show in Jr. Fair at the county or state level. This year record books will be turned in as a replacement to Skillathon Judging. On June 20 during Fair move-in, all livestock project books must be turned in. Dog project books will be turned in at the beginning of the dog show. All books must be complete through June 15. Do not forget your books as no book = no show for that specie.
- King & Queen Application
- Outhouse Race
- Top 10 Ways to be a Fair Know it All
4-H NON-LIVESTOCK PROJECT JUDGING
Non-Livestock 4-H projects will be judged in a similar manner to previous years but with a date change of July 15, 16, 17. You will be judged according the schedules below. All judging will take place in Heritage Hall. Each interview will be a very strict 10-minute time slot. Knowing that please prepare for your interview accordingly. You are asked to arrive not more than 15 minutes before your time slot and leave as soon as your judging is complete.
- Wednesday July 15, 2020 Clothing, Home and Arts
- Thursday July 16, 2020 Special Interest Projects
- Friday July 17, 2020 Food, Health and Leadership
REQUIRED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
• Every member, parent and judge at non-livestock project judging must wear a mask or bandana.
• Do not shake your judge’s hand
• Judging tables and wait chairs will be greatly spread out
• Parents are asked to wait in the bleachers or remain outside. No other adults or children should enter Heritage Hall
• Members should leave Heritage Hall as soon as their judging is complete.
4-H NON-LIVESTOCK VIRTUAL JUDGING
If a member is unavailable or uncomfortable attending judging this year, they may submit a 5-8 minute video that the judge will review. All videos must:
• Be 5-8 minutes in length
• Show work completed in their project book
• Verbally share what they have done and what they have learned from their project.
• Be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 1.
WHAT ABOUT RESULTS & AWARDS?
• Results will be posted on the Pickaway County Extension website by 4:00 pm the following day.
• If possible, we will hold a 4-H youth awards ceremony in September so we can present each member with their award.
• If we are unable to hold an awards ceremony in September, awards will be distributed in club packets in late September.