Pickaway County Junior Fair Horse Registration - Due May 2, 2022
- 2022 Horse Letter
- Horse Registration Form
- Permission to Participate Form
- Horse Identification Form
- 2022 Pickaway County Fair Class List Sign-Up
- Pickaway County Horse Rules
- Guidelines for Leasing a Horse
- Troxel Helmet Fitting Guide
- Ohio 4-H Protective Headgear Rule
- Ohio 4-H Horse Program Protective Headgear Polcy FAQ
- Pickaway Co Fair Week Activities, County Horse Work-Out & Area Tack Shops
- Musical Freestyle Information & Entry Form
- Patterns for 2022 Pickaway Co Fair
- 2022 Equine Royalty Information
You should also have access to the most current edition of the Uniform Rules for 4-H Horse Shows (#179).
Please note: All horses must arrive and be stalled at the fair between 12:00-4:00 pm on Saturday, June 18. For 2022, horse shows will take place on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
Please note: For 2022 we recommend you MAIL your registrations with enough time for them to be received by May 2 or deliver them to our office. Be aware that all horse registrations, including the registration form, 4 color photos with horse & exhibitor, release form, identification form, class sign-up, and if applicable Lease Agreements and PAS class sign-up are due at the OSU Extension Office, 110 Island Road - Suite B, Circleville, OH 43113 by May 2. Typical office hours are 8:00 am–4:30 pm Monday through Friday. We do not have a drop box.
Please turn in 4 printed color photos of your horse with the exhibitor in each photo. Photos should include one of each side, one front, and one rear shot.
Please review the county horse rules carefully including the Helmet Policy. A few things to note in the rules include allowed bedding, release policy, pen cleaning, measuring, and allowed horses at the fair.
Special note to parents: Each “horse club” has taken on the task of running one day of Junior Shows at the fair. If your club is not included, please sign up to help with at least one item on the bottom portion of your members’ 2022 Junior Fair Horse Registration form. Thank You!
Local 4-H Horse Opportunities
- Reality Dreams Open Horse Shows, Fairfield County Fairgrounds, Lancaster Ohio
- Crazy Woman Ranch, Lancaster Ohio
Performance Against the Standard, or PAS is Ohio 4-H’s method of qualifying to exhibit in the Ohio State Fair Junior horse shows. PAS has many regulations you will want to be familiar with. Please read below for a few details.
Pickaway County will hold our own PAS Show! If you are interested in trying out for the Ohio State Fair, the Pickaway County PAS show will be held the last Saturday of fair. Trailering in will not be allowed so your horse must already be active at the fair. Following fair there is a very short window of opportunity to try out at another PAS show, so we recommend trying out at a PAS show prior to fair if you are interested. Remember you may only try out at a maximum of two single-judged shows.
To try out at Pickaway County’s PAS Show you will need to:
- Review the Pickaway County PAS Showbill
- Complete the Pickaway PAS Registration Form, complete with your pick of up to 6 classes.
- The Senior Fair Board is generously sponsoring the judge so your fee is just $5 per class payable by check or Money Order only and made out to PCAS.
- Turn in your form and money by May 2 to the Extension Office. Class changes may not be made after that date.
- If you qualify for State Fair, you must register and pay your stall fee online on the Ohio State Fair website and upload negative Coggins test and out of county form (if applicable) to 4HOnline, by noon on July 1.
To try out at an additional out-of-county PAS show you will need:
1. PAS Out of County form pre-signed by Joy Sharp (do not wait until the last minute!)
2. Copy of your horse ID form
3. Pictures of all four sides of the horse with the exhibitor in the photos.
- At the end of the show, you will receive your PAS form back complete with your qualifying information. You will need this form for your State Fair registration. (New for 2022, you do not need to submit this form to the Extension Office.)
- If you qualify for State Fair, you must register and pay your stall fee online on the Ohio State Fair website and upload negative Coggins test and out of county form to 4HOnline, by noon on July 1.
Other Items of Importance:
- Most counties charge a fee of $10 per class. Some have additional stall fees.
- You may attempt to qualify at a maximum of two single-judged PAS shows.
- You may only utilize one horse for both PAS shows.
- Counties can set the number of classes you may attempt to qualify in. Most allow 4 or 6 classes. You must meet the qualifying standards in two classes to be eligible to compete at the Ohio State Fair. If you qualify in more than two classes, you must select which classes (maximum of four) you will enter in at the Ohio State Fair.
- State Fair requires proof of a negative Coggins test dated after Jan.1 of this year.
- Instructions on how to upload your coggins documentation and out of county form to 4HOnline.
Other Items of Importance:
- 2022 Fairfield County PAS Information
- 2022 Franklin County PAS Information
- PAS Qualifying Shows - Requirements, Qualifying Scores/Times, PAS Patterns & Score Sheets
- 2022 Ohio State Fair Horse Show Schedule
For other current information on the Ohio 4-H horse program
Visit the Ohio 4-H Horse Program web page