What is a 4-H Project?
A 4-H project is made up of three types of activities:
- Hands-on activities: making, producing, selling, practicing, observing, testing, interviewing, etc.
- Organized activities: demonstrations, speeches, workshops, camps, county judging, exhibits, etc.
- Leadership/Citizenship activities: planning, teaching, assisting, informing, organizing, etc.
When choosing a project, consider your interests, background, what is necessary to start your project, and what resources are available to help you complete it.
The 2020 Ohio 4-H Family Guide is the complete listing of all Ohio 4-H Projects.
Please be aware of the following project updates for the 2020 program year:
|92||4-H Around the Globe|
|365.30||String Art Idea Starter|
|Revised or Replaced|
|365.11||Camp Counseling Idea Starter|
|750||Shooting Sports Rifle Member Record Book|
|751||Shooting Sports ARchery Member Record Book|
|753||Shooting Sports Pistol Member Reccord Book|
|365.05||Rocks, Minerals and Fossils Idea Starter|
If you're a 4-H member with a great project idea of your own or someone who's ready to go beyond a current project book, consider doing a self-determined project. Use the Self-Determined Project Guide to describe your project, set goals, and record your activities. The Self-Determined Project Guide and all of the Idea Starters can be found on the Ohio 4-H Web page.
*Self-Determined Projects are not recommended for members ages 9-11.
Learn more about 4-H projects on Project Central
Thinking about exploring a new project area? Not sure if a project is the right fit for you? Find the answers to these questions on projectcentral.ohio4h.org! Use Project Central to digitally flip through the first pages of any project book and to read what other members and volunteers are saying about it.
Using Project Central is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4...
- Use three different options to SEARCH for projects and resources
- FIND what you are looking for
- Select a project or resource to LEARN about the publication. Preview sample pages and view other users' feedback.
- RATE the publication and add your own feedback!
Visit Project Central to find projects that interest you or to rate and leave comments about ones you already know about.