Dining with Diabetes
A Cooking School Program for people with Diabetes and their families. This three class series includes diabetes education, cooking demonstrations and tasting of healthy foods. The series will be offered August 30th, September 4th & 6th, 5:30 - 7:30 PM in the OSU Extension Meeting Room, 110 Island Road, Circleville, OH.
This program is designed for people with diabetes or those who cook for someone with diabetes.
- Increase their knowledge of healthy food choices
- Learn about healthy versions of familiar foods that are easy and quick to prepare.
- Learn to cut fat, sugar and sodium without cutting taste from foods.
- Be encouraged to participate in physical activity as a component of diabetes control.
- Be provided with opportunities to share and learn from one another.
What is the cost? $35 (includes one support person) for the series of three classes and a reunion class. Participants will receive a notebook with diabetes reference information and recipes.
Class size is limited, so register early! Call the Pickaway County office,740-474-7534, to register, or print this flier.
Classes are taught by Michelle Treber, OSU Extension FCS Educator and Carol Douglass, Certified Diabetes Educator, Berger Health System